Sat. Jun 15th, 2024
alert-–-amy-dowden-will-be-returning-to-strictly-come-dancing-a-year-after-her-breast-cancer-diagnosis-– as-bbc-unveil-full-line-up-of-professionalsAlert – Amy Dowden WILL be returning to Strictly Come Dancing a year after her breast cancer diagnosis – as BBC unveil full line-up of professionals

Amy Dowden WILL be returning to Strictly Come Dancing this year, the BBC confirmed on Monday. 

The happy news comes a year after the professional dancer, 33, was first diagnosed with stage three breast cancer – she has since been told there is no evidence of the disease in her body after undergoing treatment. 

However, due to the nature of her cancer, she won’t receive the ‘all clear’ until five years have passed. 

After the news of her return was revealed on Monday, Amy took to Instagram to share her delight at being back to doing what she loves – just two days after the one year anniversary of her first surgery following her diagnosis.

Amy said: ‘I’m so happy and grateful to be back on @bbcstrictly MY HEART IS SO HAPPY. The best team on and off the dance floor.

Amy Dowden WILL be returning to Strictly Come Dancing a year after her breast cancer diagnosis - as BBC unveil full line-up of professionals

Amy Dowden WILL be returning to Strictly Come Dancing a year after her breast cancer diagnosis – as BBC unveil full line-up of professionals

After the news of her return was revealed on Monday, Amy took to Instagram to share her delight at being back to doing what she loves

After the news of her return was revealed on Monday, Amy took to Instagram to share her delight at being back to doing what she loves

‘I can’t wait to be back doing what I love most in the world, dancing! Feel blessed and more excited than EVER. Bring it on! Thank you @bbcstrcitly for your support always. Eeeeeekkk #amysback.’

The dancer’s fellow professionals were quick to share their delight at the news of her return.

‘❤️ So happy to have you wear you belong ❤️,’ wrote Dianne Buswell, while Graziano Di Prima said : ‘yeeesss❤️.’

Amy’s confirmed return to the show comes after she shared on Friday that it was one year to the day since undergoing surgery to have her boob removed.

She shared with her followers a throwback snap of herself laying in a hospital bed – which was from the day of her first surgery as she gave a thumbs-up to the camera. 

The dancer shared the huge milestone with her fans by saying,: ‘Can’t believe it’s a year since surgery! Happy 1st birthday to my new cancer-free boobie!!!’ 

Back in April, Amy vowed she would return to Strictly for the upcoming series.

The dancer shared the huge milestone with her fans by saying,: ‘Can’t believe it’s a year since surgery! Happy 1st birthday to my new cancer-free boobie!!!’ 

She  competed as a professional dancer on the BBC reality show from 2017 to 2022 – before having to skip the 2023 competition following her diagnosis.

Amy was diagnosed with breast cancer just one day after she came home from her honeymoon with Tom Parkes in May last year. 

She told BBC Breakfast in April: ‘There I was, living my life to the full on Strictly Come Dancing, just married. Cancer doesn’t discriminate.’ 

Taking to Instagram after the announcement, Amy said: 'I’m so happy and grateful to be back on @bbcstrictly MY HEART IS SO HAPPY. The best team on and off the dance floor'

Taking to Instagram after the announcement, Amy said: ‘I’m so happy and grateful to be back on @bbcstrictly MY HEART IS SO HAPPY. The best team on and off the dance floor’

The Strictly star, 33, - who was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer  last year - recently shared: 'Can't believe it's a year since surgery! Happy 1st birthday to my new cancer-free boobie!!!'

The Strictly star, 33, – who was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer  last year – recently shared: ‘Can’t believe it’s a year since surgery! Happy 1st birthday to my new cancer-free boobie!!!’ 

Amy's confirmed return to the show comes after she shared on Friday that it was one year to the day since she underwent surgery to have her boob removed

Amy’s confirmed return to the show comes after she shared on Friday that it was one year to the day since she underwent surgery to have her boob removed 

The Strictly star competed as a professional dancer on the BBC reality show from 2017 till 2022 (pictured in 2017)

The Strictly star competed as a professional dancer on the BBC reality show from 2017 till 2022 (pictured in 2017)

In February, doctors told Amy there was 'no evidence of disease' following the toughest year of her life

In February, doctors told Amy there was ‘no evidence of disease’ following the toughest year of her life

The dancer's fellow professionals were quick to share their delight at the news of her return

The dancer’s fellow professionals were quick to share their delight at the news of her return

Of her return to Strictly, she added: ‘I’m working really, really hard and getting my body back with rehab and physio. Got a brilliant team, so fingers crossed I’ll be back on your screens dancing later this year.’

In February, Amy celebrated being declared ‘cancer free’ as there was ‘no evidence’ of the disease, however due to the nature of her cancer it will be five years until she can be given the ‘all clear’. 

Sharing a jubilant picture, she wrote: ‘NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE! Words I dreamed of! My biggest accomplishment yet!

‘I won’t be getting the all clear for 5 years especially with a hormone fed cancer. But it was all worth it. Words I never thought I’d hear at one point.

‘So grateful for all the care I received and continue to have. To my husband, family and friends who supported me unconditionally and to you guys! Thank you!’

Giovanni Pernice, 33, will not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing, the BBC confirmed. 

Professional dancers who will appear next season were announced on Monday – with Giovanni’s name absent amid a probe into alleged workplace ‘misconduct’. 

Strictly is returning to BBC One and BBC iPlayer this Autumn with another spectacular series of glitz, glamour and unforgettable performances with the brand new series promising to be extra special as Strictly turns 20!

Queen of Latin Shirley Ballas, the magnificent Motsi Mabuse, the fantastically fab-u-lous Craig Revel-Horwood and the always effervescent Anton Du Beke will be back on the judging panel. 

Professional dancers, Dianne Buswell, Nadiya Bychkova, Graziano Di Prima, Amy Dowden, Karen Hauer, Katya Jones, Neil Jones, Nikita Kuzmin, Gorka Marquez, Luba Mushtuk, Jowita Przystal, Johannes Radebe, Kai Widdrington, Nancy Xu, Carlos Gu, Lauren Oakley, Michelle Tsiakkas and Vito Coppola will all take to the Strictly dancefloor, guaranteeing viewers an abundance of spectacular routines.

The absence of Giovanni’s name from the line-up is sure to raise eyebrows. 

The BBC launched an investigation after the dancer was accused of ‘threatening and abusive behaviour’ while working with celebrity contestants on the show, including Amanda Abbington, Ranvir Singh and Laura Whitmore.

Last week a male celebrity reportedly joined the group of women making complaints about Giovanni’s behaviour.

It has also been claimed that a professional dancer needed three months of therapy after starring on the show alongside Giovanni.

The BBC have confirmed Giovanni Pernice will not be returning to the show as they unveiled the full professional lineup in a statement on Monday

The BBC have confirmed Giovanni Pernice will not be returning to the show as they unveiled the full professional lineup in a statement on Monday  

The BBC have launched an investigation after the dancer, 33, was accused of 'threatening and abusive behaviour' while working with celebrity contestants on the show

The BBC have launched an investigation after the dancer, 33, was accused of ‘threatening and abusive behaviour’ while working with celebrity contestants on the show

The Sun reported that the unnamed fellow dancer suffered ‘significant emotional distress’ on the show, that required professional help.

A source told the publication: ‘One of the dancers on the show found it so traumatising that they sought professional help. The show is unlike anything else on TV.  The pressure on those taking part is huge and shouldn’t be under-estimated. 

‘But Giovanni’s demanding behaviour behind the scenes took it up a notch and caused significant emotional distress.

‘They were so upset by what happened they needed counselling to recover from the toll it took.’

Three women, including actress Amanda, have hired £700-an-hour lawyers at leading London law firm Carter Ruck to pursue claims against Giovanni and the BBC.

And in the latest twist of the bitter legal battle, an unnamed male star, who worked with Giovanni during his time on the show, is said to have shared his experiences with the law firm.

‘After three women came forward, a man has now joined their ranks. He personally reached out to the women at the heart of this unfolding crisis, offering them his support and full backing,’ a source told The Sun. 

‘He has also been in touch with Carter Ruck and told them what he knows, and shared his experiences. These experiences were, at times, very tricky.’ 

Giovanni launched a fightback by hiring rival law firm Schillings. His case is being handled by Joelle Rich, 39, who represented Johnny Depp in his libel trial in 2020. 

Three women, including actress Amanda Abbington (pictured) have hired £700-an-hour lawyers at leading London law firm Carter Ruck to pursue claims against Giovanni and the BBC

Three women, including actress Amanda Abbington (pictured) have hired £700-an-hour lawyers at leading London law firm Carter Ruck to pursue claims against Giovanni and the BBC

A spokesman for Giovanni told the publication: ‘Schillings is engaging with BBC Studios to provide it with Giovanni’s evidence to strongly rebut the claims being made about him and confirm Giovanni is fully cooperating.

‘As with any reality TV show, when decisions are being made for entertainment reasons, the producers have a duty of care to all participants.’ 

It was previously reported that the rehearsal tapes between Amanda and Giovanni will not be released to the actress after she demanded them to prove her claims of bullying.

Read More

Full list of Giovanni Pernice's Strictly partners from every series – and the comments they've made about him as he quits the show

article image

Amanda was told they couldn’t hand over the tapes to her because they feature a third person, Giovanni, not just her.

He is therefore entitled for private ­information or content about him not to be disclosed without his authorisation. 

One insider told The Sun: ‘It raises the question, “What has he got to hide?” It doesn’t look good.’

The insider continued: ‘The BBC will have reviewed the footage and considered if it was possible to redact content showing him.

‘Having spoken to him they have decided to withhold it completely at his request. The irony is Giovanni’s camp gave the impression it was his idea for cameras to monitor rehearsals even though Amanda’s pals have insisted it was her.’

Amanda left the competition mid-way through the series, citing personal reasons after weeks of rumours about a feud with Giovanni. 

The Sherlock star said she was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and demanded to see footage from rehearsals. 

Amanda previously rubbished reports Giovanni had asked the BBC to record his rehearsals with the actress over growing concerns about her behaviour – claiming she had requested their dance practices to be filmed, not him. 

She told The Daily Mail: ‘I asked for them to be recorded, it was me. Giovanni is nasty. He was awful to a few of us, a group of us.’

It was reported that the rehearsal tapes between Amanda and Giovanni will not be released to the actress after she demanded them to prove her claims of bullying

It was reported that the rehearsal tapes between Amanda and Giovanni will not be released to the actress after she demanded them to prove her claims of bullying 

Earlier this week a male celebrity reportedly joined the group of women making complaints about Giovanni 's behaviour (pictured previous dance partner Ranvir Singh)

Earlier this week a male celebrity reportedly joined the group of women making complaints about Giovanni ‘s behaviour (pictured previous dance partner Ranvir Singh)

Amanda went on to describe how her life had been devastated by the experience, which has exploded since she quit the show abruptly in the middle of the last series. 

In January, she claimed she had suffered post-traumatic stress disorder after working with Giovanni, and later complained of sustaining a bruised foot in training.

‘You don’t understand how awful this all is,’ she said. ‘Giovanni’s fans have started trolling me now. I have had to come off social media and I’m getting death threats.’

The actress also insisted that she had complained of Giovanni’s behaviour soon into the series. ‘I went to producers early on and told them about Giovanni,’ she said.

And she lamented of the fallout: ‘All of this because I didn’t enjoy a television programme. I didn’t enjoy it because of all of this.’

Read More

Giovanni Pernice suffers another setback as SECOND show involving the dancer 'is shelved'

article image

Amanda has led the charge in accusing him of ‘difficult behaviour’ during training and is currently speaking with the BBC to discuss possible workplace misconduct. 

Despite the furore, head judge Shirley Ballas has stood by the under-fire pro and will join him in hosting a number of dance classes in London next month. 

Named Ballando, the one day event is led by Shirley, Giovanni and Anton Du Beke as they share their expertise with fans. 

No details of how Giovanni is alleged to have behaved have yet been released. But the BBC put out an unprecedented statement about the dispute. 

A Strictly spokesman said: ‘If a complaint is made to the BBC, we assess and take any necessary steps to establish the facts, whether there is a case to answer, and, if appropriate, what action should be taken.

‘This is all within the context of the BBC having duties of care to everyone linked to a complaint – that applies to those that have raised the complaint and to those that have been complained about.

‘Whilst we know our shows have been positive experiences for many of those who have taken part, we will always look at any issues raised with care, fairness and sensitivity to everyone concerned.’

Sources familiar with the situation say the BBC came under pressure from Amanda’s team to say publicly that it was she who asked for the rehearsals to be taped.

A source said: ‘It’s terrible, really. Amanda wanted the BBC to set her record straight, to confirm her version of events. 

‘But of course they can’t. It just shows that if she doesn’t like what is being said, she shouts loudly about it.’

Further details, including the brand new celebrity contestants taking to the floor in 2024, will be announced in due course. 

The Sicilian dancer is accused of 'threatening and abusive behaviour' while working with celebrity contestants on the show (pictured with Laura Whitmore in 2016)

The Sicilian dancer is accused of ‘threatening and abusive behaviour’ while working with celebrity contestants on the show (pictured with Laura Whitmore in 2016) 

Despite the furore, head judge Shirley Ballas has stood by the under-fire pro and will join him in hosting a number of dance classes in London next month alongside Anton Du Beke

Despite the furore, head judge Shirley Ballas has stood by the under-fire pro and will join him in hosting a number of dance classes in London next month alongside Anton Du Beke 

error: Content is protected !!