Mon. Feb 26th, 2024
alert-–-amanda-abbington-‘gave-strictly-partner-giovanni-pernice-no-advance-warning-she-was-quitting-the-show’Alert – Amanda Abbington ‘gave Strictly partner Giovanni Pernice NO advance warning she was quitting the show’

Amanda Abbington never told her Strictly partner Giovanni Pernice she was quitting and he was instead told by producers, it has been claimed.

According to the Daily Star, the professional dancer, 33, was ‘really annoyed’ over Amanda’s abrupt departure from the show.

Giovanni was reportedly only given the news of Amanda’s exit a few hours before the official statement was released on Tuesday.

A source said: ‘Amanda didn’t tell Giovanni she had decided to quit the show. The first he heard was a call from a producer.

‘This has really annoyed him. He’s barely heard from her for 10 days. She hasn’t been replying to messages or telling him what’s happening.

Duo: Amanda Abbington never told her Strictly partner Giovanni Pernice she was quitting and he was instead told by producers, it has been claimed

Partners: According to the Daily Star, the professional dancer, 33, was ‘really annoyed’ over Amanda’s abrupt departure from the show

‘He’s been complaining about it to friends. He’s frustrated. He is worried the drama will be damaging for his career and make him look bad.’

has contacted representatives of Strictly Come Dancing for comment. 

It comes after Amanda broke her silence about quitting the show as she shared a picture of her dance shoes on Instagram.

The actress didn’t reveal why she had quit but instead said she hadn’t come to the ‘decision lightly’.

Thanking her team, but failing to mention Giovanni, she wrote: ‘It is with deepest regret that I had to leave Strictly. I did not come to this decision easily or lightly but for personal reasons I am unable to continue. 

‘It was an absolute joy working with my fellow contestants, they are a beautiful, hardworking and talented group of people who I love and who I will miss seeing every Friday and Saturday and competing alongside. 

‘I want to thank the incredible Production team and everyone on Strictly who looked after me and who are so kind and caring. It’s a wonderful bunch of people and I’ll miss all of them.

‘I’m so sad that I am unable to go any further. Thank you to everyone who voted and who sent wonderful messages and inspiring support. You are all amazing. Truly. Thank you. xxx’. 

Shock: Giovanni was reportedly only given the news of Amanda’s exit a few hours before the official statement was released on Tuesday

Statement: Sharing this picture of her dance shoes on Instagram today, Amanda broke her silence to reveal her ‘deep regret’ over quitting Strictly Come Dancing

‘Deepest regret’: She posted this message alongside the picture as she updated her fans on how she was feeling and thanked those she had worked with 

Amanda has received a wave of support from fans after she quit the show yesterday. 

The actress withdrew from the competition after missing last weekend’s show for ‘medical reasons’ and it has since emerged that her time in the competition was ‘plagued by difficulties’. 

Last month, it was reported that Amanda threatened to quit following clashes with Giovanni. 

However, she later passionately hit back at the claims and took to Instagram to rubbish the rumours in a swearing-filled rant.

In the video, shared ahead of the first live shows of the series, Amanda told how she was ‘ignoring the bulls***’ and insisted things were good between her and Giovanni.

Seemingly addressing the feud claims, she said: ‘Ignoring the bulls***, because clearly people are t****.’

She went on: ‘Just stop it, stop it, grow up. No one gives a s***. Shut up, it’s b****cks, so f*** off.’

Amanda also said ‘who cares what other people think’ as she told how there was a ‘life lesson’ in the message. 

While Giovanni will continue to appear on Strictly in the ensemble, he has postponed the launch of his new cosmetic brand out of respect for Amanda. 

A source told : ‘Giovanni is really disappointed that Amanda’s time on Strictly has come to a premature end. He wanted nothing more than to continue competing with her by his side.

‘For Giovanni now, he will still be on the show every Saturday, supporting the rest of the cast.

Departure: The actress withdrew after missing last weekend’s show for ‘medical reasons’, and it has since emerged that her time in the competition was ‘plagued by difficulties’

‘It was set to be such a big week for him with the launch of his new business GP Vita but after Amanda’s announcement, it didn’t feel right for him to go forward with the scheduled plan.

‘Some fans are already doubting Giovanni’s place on the show next year, but those conversations won’t take place for months. However, he has no plans to step back from Strictly just yet.’

Amanda’s exit was confirmed on the Strictly spin-off show It Takes Two yesterday with a statement that read: ‘Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly Come Dancing and has decided to withdraw from the competition. The show wishes her all the best for the future.’

A montage of Amanda’s best moments on the series was shown, before host Fleur East added: ‘Amanda, we are sending you all of our love’.

A Strictly insider told about Amanda’s withdrawal: ‘This has been something that Amanda has been unfortunately having to consider making since late last week. 

‘It has been a devastating time for Amanda. Her Strictly journey has been plagued by difficulties but she just didn’t think there was any other option.

‘As hard as it has been, there was a chance they could have won.’

Giovanni later took to his Instagram, sharing a backstage photo with Amanda during Movie Week.

Captioning the snap, he wrote: ‘Amanda ..I am so sad we can’t continue but I am proud of what we achieved and I am sending you so much love’.

Just hours before the announcement Amanda’s partner Jonathan Goodwin shared a cryptic post to Instagram.

And after the actress posted a poignant message about mental health earlier in the week, it seems now the Britain’s Got Talent star, 43, has hinted at the same thing.

Sharing a picture of himself posing in the mirror, Jonathan captioned the story: ‘We can be so hard on ourselves…be our own worst critics… 

‘But before you judge yourself… make sure your mirror is clean.’

The show’s stars sent ‘all their love’ to Amanda at the start of Saturday’s episode. 

After introducing this week’s couples, hosts Claudia Winkleman, 51, and Tess Daly, 54, made heartfelt speech about Amanda’s absence. 

Claudia said: ‘Now as you may have noticed, Amanda and Giovanni are missing from the line-up due to medical reasons Amanda is unable to perform this week’.

Tess continued: ‘As per the rules of the competition she has been given a bye and all being well will return to the ballroom next weekend.’

Then Claudia gushed: ‘Amanda, we are all sending you so much love’.

As Tess also sent her best wishes adding: ‘So much love to you.’

Post: The news comes after the Sherlock star shared a poignant post about mental health after pulling out of Saturday’s show 

Cryptic: After reportedly sharing a poignant message about mental health herself, it seems her partner Jonathan Goodwin has hinted at the same thing in his own social media post (pictured)

 It was announced on It Takes Two on Friday that Amanda had dropped out of this weekend’s live show due to medical reasons and is set to return next week.

Amanda, who hasn’t addressed the reason for her absence, reportedly shared a poignant message to her Instagram Stories on Saturday in a now-deleted post.

She re-shared a quote about mental health from late actor Robin Williams originally posted by an account called ‘positiveminds011’, according to The Mirror.

The poignant quote read: ‘People don’t fake depression… they fake being okay. Remember that. Be kind.’

Her partner Jonathan was left with life-changing injuries after he was crushed between two burning cars in October 2021 during rehearsals for America’s Got Talent: Extreme, at the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

The stunt was supposed to see him free himself and fall underneath the vehicles before they collided.

But the cars were released too early and he was crushed as the vehicles came together before a huge fireball erupted.

Jonathan then fell to the ground and hit his head. He was airlifted to hospital where he underwent surgery.

The stuntman came away from the accident with fractures to his ribs, legs and shoulders, third-degree burns, internal organ injuries and he also lost his left kidney.

He is now suing America’s Got Talent bosses over the stunt that left him in a wheelchair for life.

He first connected with Amanda 11 years ago, when they followed each other on Twitter in 2012.

They were both in other relationships at the time, and Amanda told The Guardian that they ‘admired each other’s work’ and ‘occasionally liked each other’s tweets.’

As they both became single, their messages became more and more flirtatious until they started dating in August 2021, a couple of months before the accident.

Jonathan said he had not considered moving back to the UK until he met Amanda and he changed his mind during a seven-hour phone call to the actress.

He told the outlet: ‘I kind of knew that I’d found my person by the time we hung up.’

Their whirlwind romance saw them get engaged the first time they had met each other in person.

Injured: Her partner Jonathan was left with life-changing injuries after he was crushed between two burning cars in October 2021 during rehearsals for America’s Got Talent: Extreme, at the Atlanta Motor Speedway 

Accident: The stuntman came away from the accident with fractures to his ribs, legs and shoulders, third-degree burns, internal organ injuries and he also lost his left kidney (pictured with Amanda in 2022) 

Jonathan said that he had been ‘planning’ the big event ‘already’, despite that the fact that they had only been talking for month. 

Amanda said the proposal felt like ‘the most amazing, natural thing in the world’.

The actress said that on the day of the accident, she received a phone call from her fiancé which she found strange because he ‘always texted.’

Amanda was told that that Jonathan was in ‘really bad shape’ and had been taken to intensive care.

Jonathan told The Guardian: ‘I called Amanda to thank her for the time we had together, in case I didn’t see her again.’

He then said that due to his life-changing injuries, he wanted to speak to Amanda and give her ‘an out’.

‘Breaking up never flashed through my mind. I just thanked God he was alive,’ Amanda told the outlet.

STRICTLY COME DANCING 2023: THE CONTESTANTS’ PROFILES

Angela Rippon

Age: 78 

Profession: Journalist 

Angela says: ‘Having been a fan of Strictly since day one, and as a former presenter of Come Dancing, this will be quite an adventure for me. A scary one, considering I’m about to be 79. But I’m looking forward to the challenge, and perhaps being able to learn to dance the Argentine Tango.’

 

Amanda Abbington

Age: 49

Profession: Actress

Amanda says: ‘I’m thrilled to have been asked to do Strictly. I’m actually really shy and self-conscious so this will be a great opportunity for me to overcome those things.’

 

Layton Williams

Age: 28

Profession: Actor

Layton says: ‘Absolutely buzzing to confirm that I will be taking part in THE most iconic dance competition in the UK! It’s time to bring it to the Ballroom. So excited to learn new skills from the best. Bring on the sequins… ALL the sequins!’

 

 Krishnan Guru-Murthy

Age: 53

Profession: Journalist

Krishnan says: ‘I’m surprised, delighted and slightly confused to find myself taking part in Strictly on the basis of ‘You only live once!’ I can’t wait to start learning to dance, but I am slightly worried about my general decrepitude.’

 

Eddie Kadi

Age: 40

Profession: Comedian and radio presenter

Eddie says: ‘WOW. Anyone who knows me, understands that music and dance is so important and central to who I am. I’m so unbelievably proud and honoured that Strictly and the BBC have asked me to join the 2023 Team. I promise you, I’m going to give it everything I’ve got. This is going to be a VIBE.

 

Angela Scanlon

Age: 39

Profession: TV presenter

Angela says: ‘I’m not particularly fit, I’ve no idea how my pelvic floor is going to react to this dancing. I’ve never done any dances apart from drunken jiving at a wedding!’ 

 

Zara McDermott 

Age: 26

Profession: Documentary maker and former Love Island star

Zara says: ‘I am so excited to be joining the world of Strictly! I grew up watching it every year with my nan and she was the biggest Strictly fan. We would dance around the house and I have such fond memories of that time in my life.’

 

Adam Thomas 

Age: 34 

Profession: Actor and presenter

Adam says: ‘I can’t dance to save my life but I’m buzzing to learn and have a good laugh with my pro. Get me on that dance floor…I can’t wait!’

 

Ellie Leach 

Age: 22

Profession:  Coronation Street star

Ellie says: ‘It still doesn’t feel real that I’m going to be doing Strictly!! It’s always been a dream of mine so I guess dreams really do come true!!!!’

 

Bobby Brazier 

Age: 20

Profession:  EastEnders star and model 

Bobby says: ‘I’m so excited to be part of the Strictly line up, I can’t wait to start training like a professional dancer and adding a few moves to my locker. I’m looking forward to performing in-front of everyone.’

 

Nigel Harman 

Age: 49 

Profession:  Actor

Nigel says: ‘I’m amazed, excited, and terrified to be doing Strictly. As an armchair fan of the show I have watched in awe as people have twirled and gyrated across the screen. And now it’s my turn…..gulp!’

 

Annabel Croft 

Age: 57 

Profession:  Broadcaster and ex tennis player

Annabel says: ‘I have always loved watching Strictly and can’t quite believe I’m going to be part of this magical show – swapping tennis balls for glitter balls and looking forward to finding some joyfulness in the process.’

error: Content is protected !!