Jonathan Majors’ ex-girlfriend Grace Jabbari is set to be charged with assault – seven months after he was arrested for attacking the English dancer, according to reports.
The Creed III actor, 34, was arrested on March 25 on misdemeanor charges for allegedly attacking dancer Jabbari, his former partner.
London-based Jabbari initially told police Majors hit and strangled her, but the strangulation charges were dropped. Now, he is only charged with hurting her arm.
But Jabbari, 30, is now set to be charged with assault herself, reports the Messenger, who cited sources within the New York Police Department.
The outlet said Majors’ accuser would be hit with a domestic violence charge and that she would report herself to the NYPD’s 10th precinct, located in Chelsea.
Jonathan Majors’ ex-girlfriend Grace Jabbari (pictured) is set to be charged with assault – seven months after he was arrested for attacking the English dancer, according to reports
The actor has always maintained his innocence and filed his own domestic violence claim against his accuser
Jonathan Majors and Grace Jabbari attend ‘Devotion’ Premiere at Cinesphere on September 12, 2022 in Toronto
Priya Chaudhry, Jonathan Majors’ attorney, could not comment on Tuesday.
But she has previously shown her steadfast belief that her client Majors is innocent, and that Jabbari ought to be apprehended.
Majors’ next scheduled court appearance in Manhattan is October 25.
Om August 4, Chaudhry said in a statement to AlertContent.com: ‘Jonathan Majors has been waiting for 132 days to clear his name of these false allegations while the NYPD waits to arrest his accuser upon her New York return.’
And on August 3, the attorney said: ‘One hundred and thirty-one days ago, authorities unjustly cuffed Jonathan Majors in his own home, hauling him off to jail based on the word of a woman now hunted by the NYPD.
‘Bravely, Jonathan Majors laid bare to the NYPD the relentless, alcohol-fueled abuse he suffered at the hands of Grace Jabbari, an enduring nightmare in their relationship.
‘Now, as soon as Jabbari sets foot back in New York, the NYPD stands ready to arrest her.
‘For an excruciating four months, Jonathan Majors, the real victim in this shameful ordeal, has had his life, career, and reputation torn apart.
Grace Jabbari is alleged to have attacked the Creed actor first and reportedly admitted in text messages to being the aggressor
‘Yet he remains unwavering in his determination to be absolved from this harrowing ordeal.’
On June 27, she said that the NYPD had found probable cause to arrest Jabbari.
Chaudhry said: ‘Last week, for the first time, Mr. Majors met with the NYPD to present them with evidence of what really happened on that night.
‘Within hours of viewing the evidence, and conducting their own thorough investigation, the NYPD found probable cause to arrest Grace Jabbari for assaulting Jonathan Majors.’
On June 20, the attorney called on the District Attorney to ‘initiate proceedings against Ms. Jabbari, holding her accountable for her crimes.’
And on May 9, Chaudhry claimed that the fact Majors was arrested and not Jabbari ‘highlights the racial bias that permeates the criminal justice system.’
Brad Edwards, Jabbari’s attorney, did not comment on Tuesday.
Jabbari admitted to Majors in text messages that she was the aggressor, screenshots of a conversation presented by the defense attorney claimed. After the alleged attack, she was seen at nightclubs drinking and partying with friends.
Majors has always maintained his innocence.
In June, Majors filed his own domestic violence claim against her, telling police he had been slapped and scratched by a violent and ‘hysterical’ Jabbari.
Majors, whose star was quickly rising, was dropped by his management firm and PR firm after the charges were dropped.
The actor was arrested on March 25 on misdemeanor charges for allegedly attacking Grace Jabbari, his former girlfriend
He has attended previous court appearances with his new girlfriend, actress Meagan Good.
In the immediate aftermath of the incident, Jabbari texted Majors to apologize.
‘Please let me know when you got this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight.
‘I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position. Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone… I only just got out of hospital… just call me when you are out.’
The actor did not respond.
A few hours later, around 9:30pm, she sent another text message to Majors, telling him that she spoke to officials again.
In the text, she wrote: ‘Reiterated how this was not an attack and they do not have my blessing on any charges being placed.’